Willie Colon, Tino Martinez, Fat Joe, Johnny Damon, Tracy McGrady, Tiki Barber, Golden Tate and more talk to Mike Vivalo and License Plate Guy at CC Sabathia‘s Charity Softball Game.
The biggest names in New York sports and entertainment came together last week for the Pitcch-In Foundation Celebrity Softball game. New York Yankees lefty CC Sabathia and wife Amber hosted the second annual event at Yankee Stadium.
The Charity is dedicated to enriching the lives of inner-city youth through sports and activity. “Star-power” is one way to describe the guests that participated this year.
Michael Strahan, Fat Joe and more were on hand. I hit the red carpet with special ESNY correspondent Joe “License Plate Guy” Ruback to chat up the celebrity guests as they arrived. Please watch the video above for the full red-carpet experience, but here is a list of a few interesting things we found out:
- YES Network host and Sabathia’s podcast partner Ryan Ruocco recently deleted Twitter from his phone.
- Gary Sheffield is still bitter about his zero HR performance at the 1996 Home Run Derby.
- CC wants to create a sports talk show with an ensemble cast where I would be the host.
- Tino Martinez thinks hitting a softball is challenging.
- Tracy McGrady is so good at softball he doesn’t need to practice.
- Johnny Damon’s hair is still a work of art.
- Tiki Barber hasn’t used his mitt since last year’s game.
- Golden Tate is an expert ping-pong player.
Just another day On the Scene.
FOR FULL STORY ON STANDARD WEBSITE: Willie Colon, Tino Martinez, Fat Joe & more at CC Sabathia’s softball game (ESNY Video) | Elite Sports NY